Re: Something worth looking at.....

1997-08-15 23:32:00
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

OK, how do we get the headers for these spam messages?

I use pine. In pine pressing the letter `h' will toggle full headers mode.
Your mailreader may use a different method to toggle full headers mode.

I will complain to netcom, and I recommend everyone else do the same, but we
need to get the full headers of the original message....

Why?  What's netcom going to do with forged spam headers?

Where is the archive?

Archive?  Of forged spam headers you mean?  Are you serious?

 If you really must complain, then please look around in the spam for a http
url; (If they're selling something, then they left you *some* way to contact
them.)  Go to their website and complain there, and to their ISP. Or do as I
do: send them an invoice charging them $500 for storing commercial docs on
your hard drive.

 But please don't complain to netcom or the list, netcom probably can't help
and I since the info in the headers is almost always forged pestering the
list won't help either.

For info about an easy autoresponder, how to stop spam relaying thru your
host, and whatever, send mail to: info(_at_)otp(_dot_)illuminet(_dot_)net
(updated: 7-24-97)
--
Windows95: win-doz-nin-te-fiv> n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit