Re: Something worth looking at.....

1997-08-25 08:25:46

You can also forward illegal money-making schemes to the IRS at:

net-abuse(_at_)nocs(_dot_)insp(_dot_)irs(_dot_)gov

Does this really work?  They do not acknowledge receipt.  Also, about
three weeks ago, this address resulted in a three-machine mail loop.

Took three hours fumbling around to figure out who to report it to
(figured I should report it because the loop still existed a couple days
later).  There was no acknowledgement of that report either.

One rumor was that they wanted any kind of spam, allegedly because
spammers generally do not report income from spamming.  Note: I said
RUMOR.

Anyone actually acquainted with an IRS person that could tell us what the
true purpose of the above email address is?  If we send them stuff they
don't want, they're likely to pay less attention to the stuff they do
want.