Re: Something worth looking at.....

1997-08-16 00:08:00
On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 01:53:57 -0400 (EDT),
"Russell W. Behne" <russ(_at_)otp(_dot_)illuminet(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Timothy J Luoma wrote:
I will complain to netcom, and I recommend everyone else do the
same, but we need to get the full headers of the original
message....
Why?  What's netcom going to do with forged spam headers?

They can only be forged to a certain extent. It is obvious that the
spam was sent from Netcom; therefore they will be able to find and
LART the luser by looking at suitable logs.

 If you really must complain, then please look around in the spam
for a http url; (If they're selling something, then they left you
*some* way to contact them.) Go to their website and complain
there, and to their ISP. Or do as I do: send them an invoice
charging them $500 for storing commercial docs on your hard drive.

You obviously didn't look at the message in question. It's the
classical Christopher Erickson spam. Just forward it to the Attorney
General.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>