Re: X-PMFLAGS question

1997-08-17 10:05:00
        Author:         Ralph Lindberg & Ellen Winnie
<rlindber(_at_)kendaco(_dot_)telebyte(_dot_)com>

Could someone jog my memory, please. I'm considering adding it to the
kill files here at Telebyte.

<begin forwarded message>
From: "Simeon ben Nevel" <snevel(_at_)wco(_dot_)com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 12:37:33 -0800
Subject: Re: X-PMFLAGS

The X-PMFLAGS header is added by the Pegasus e-mail client.  While
Pegasus is often used by spammers (much to the chagrin of it's author
David Harris) the mere presence of the header does not mean that the
message is spammage.

Check out the full headers on *this* message for an example.

<end of forwarded message>

Note: Simeon's message did not have the header once it arrived at the
mailing list, I could not tell you why.

Someone else mentioned that all messages with that flag should also have

Comments: Authenticated sender is <user(_at_)wherever(_dot_)com>

but that line can also be forged.... however you might be able to check for
X-PMFLAGS and if that is found and the Comments line is not found, filter
that....

TjL

ps -- any reason you sent your message To & Cc to procmail list?  It only
showed up once for me anyway, I just thought it was strange