Re: Most efficient recipe

1997-09-03 18:40:09
On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Rocket Ray wrote:

Philip Guenther did a wonderful experiment to answer a question I'd long
been wondering about (thank you, Philip!):

[snip samples]

Philip timed both recipes for quite a large number of "lists", and the
internal procmail recipe was quite substantially faster.

But what I am surprised about is, with such a large number of items in
the first recipe, it didn't exceed the LINEBUF default (or maybe I'm
confused about what that variable is about).

You can reset the value of linebuff to whatever you want.  :)

LINEBUF=30000

should handle most things.

--
Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like
shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.