Re: procmail compile barfs horribly

1997-09-09 17:52:58
colin sebastian roald <roald(_at_)hao(_dot_)ucar(_dot_)edu> writes:
I have just been trying to compile procmail on what I think is a
fairly vanilla Sparc IPX running Solaris 5.5.1

(uname -a = SunOS alderon 5.5.1 Generic sun4c sparc SUNW,Sun_4_50 )

and 'make' on procmail-3.11pre7 barfed on me so badly I have no idea
what the problem might be.  See make output below.

However, procmail-3.11pre4 compiled just fine for me.

I hope this is the right place to report this.

It looks like /usr/ucb/cc is being used as the compiler.  /usr/ucb/cc
should only be used as /dev/null filler, so make sure the correct path
to the real Sun compiler (/opt/SUNWspro/bin) is in your path ahead of
/usr/ucb and try again.  In fact, removing /usr/ucb from your path for
the duration of the compile would not be a bad idea.  Putting it last
in your path by default (if at all) would be an even better idea.

Philip Guenther