Re: catching x-Advert headers

1997-09-18 09:50:04

and their motive may be that the author of Pegasus issued the obviously
unenforceable decree that it may not be used for spamming.

      That's not exactly what the author did.  He modified the license to
prevent inclusion in any pcakage intended for spamming.  It is actually an
enforceable limit, in the same vein as the "for non-commercial use only"
licenses on some freeware.
      Certainly it's legally enforceable, though in the real world, I'm not
sure that there is money for the lawyers.

That's what I meant.  It's enforceable  IF
1. you can identify who did it
2. you can prove he/she did it
3. you can prove he/she knew of the license restriction (hard to do for
something
      that could have been downloaded from ???)
4. you have a good enough lawyer

so in practice, it's unenforceable.  (But I'd happily contribute $5 for
half a chance of someone winning a zillion dollar lawsuit from Wallace.  I
wouldn't even ask for a share of the award.)