Re: procmail: Re: how do I have procmail cat a file and match from it?

1997-09-24 08:47:17
Jack Lyons <revjack(_at_)saltmine(_dot_)radix(_dot_)net> wrote:

Did not.

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
:Even GNU's grep gives in with a real-life spammers list:

This is nuts. I catch nearly 100% of the spam that comes my
way by using only a handful of recipes. There are simply too
many bad domains out there to keep track of them all. Use a

I concur. While I do have a blacklist, very little ever gets
trapped by it. Most all spam gets caught before then. I just
brought up to date my procmail recipes in my web pages. See
<URL:http://www.netusa.net/~eli/filtering.html> and the
<URL:http://www.netusa.net/~eli/src/procmail/rc.master.html>
link from that page.

whitelist instead of a blacklist. That, plus rejecting

No way a whitelist would work for me. Maybe 10 to 20 percent
of my mail is from people I have never corresponded with
before.

obvious forgeries like "Message-ID: <>" and "-0600 (EDT)"
and "friend(_at_)public", along with a Bcc: filter, will get
almost all of it.

My stuff is a little more complicated that that.

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.