HTML mailer bouncing

1997-10-01 07:59:36
Does anyone have a nice way to make messages that are sent in HTML format
bounce with a note stating why it bounced and what they can do about it?
And no, I wasn't thinking about a suggestion to insert the message or a
paper copy thereof in the anatomical orifice of their choice. ;)

As a rule, I favour non-autoreplying recipes, but HTML messages are
getting more common as newbies grab Netscape and merrily start mailing,
and I'd like to point out to those same newbies that I can't easily read
HTML in Pine and how they can disable that 'feature' in their browser.

I'd do it myself if a; I wasn't already sure someone out there has done it
or something fairly similar already and b; I'm still new to writing
procmail filters and I wouldn't want to start messing with something that
bounces things back out, with the risk of bouncing needlessly!

Alternatively, if someone knows a good way to strip the html tags from a
message and turn it into plain old text I would appreciate tips.

          Kimmo Jaskari          | ÅLCOM - Ålands Datakommunikation Ab |
   Email: kimmo(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi   |
staff(_at_)alcom(_dot_)aland(_dot_)fi         |
 http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kimmo |      Phone: +358-(0)18-12122        |