Re: still problems with environment variables

1997-10-02 14:55:57
Excerpts from procmail: (02-Oct-97) still problems with environment variables
by Denis B Roegel
Questions :

1) the test `! FOUND ?? \<\>' does not seem to work ; what I want
to do is to test whether $FOUND is different to "" ; how should
I do it ?

Change

    FOUND=""

FOUND        # this unsets the variable FOUND

Then, change

    :0
    * ! FOUND ?? \<\>
    |echo $FOUND >> found.list

    :0:
    * FOUND ?? .
    | echo $FOUND >> found.list

2) the echo command seems to work, provided the condition is true ;
now, suppose I want to call `myprogram' with parameter $FOUND,
and get the result back in RESULT, how do I do it ?

Change the recipe to:

    :0:
    * FOUND ?? .
    { RESULT = `myprogram $FOUND` }