Re: Mailing list sorting recipe

1997-10-06 13:06:40
On Mon, Oct 06, 1997 at 02:48:03PM -0500, Philip Guenther wrote:
But the new recipe (by Phillip Guenter?) does away completely with
external programs:

That's "Philip Guenther".  (And to all the people who seem to be
convinced otherwise (not just you): there really is only one ell in my
first name.)

Oops, Sorry.

miss something important in the example that was posted.

What version of procmail are you running?  The following *might* work:

3.11pre7

      :0
      * $ ^TO_\/$LISTS
      {
          M = $MATCH
          :0
          * $ LISTS ?? ()\/$\M
          $MATCH
      }

After pulling out a lot of hair this week-end I finally found the cause
of my problem: removing '\<' at the start of my $LIST does the trick (I
can put it right after the ^TO_).

LISTS = "(\
mutt|\
procmail|\
zsh|\
linux-laptop|\
vim|\
kaffe|\
guavac|\
lynx-dev|\
java-linux|\
lftp|\
linux-kernel|\
beans-users|\
djb-qmail\
)"
:0
* $ ^TO_\<\/$LISTS
* $ LISTS ?? ()\/$\MATCH
{
    <action>
}

Thanks for your help and elegant recipe.

--

     Louis-David Mitterrand
     http://www.aparima.com/F1/