Re: Setting different FROM when using formail -rt ?

1997-10-10 14:17:55

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:04:54 -0500 (CDT)
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com>

    :0fh
    | formail -rt -I "From: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com"

will do it; but the question is why do you want to do this?  If your goal is
to set a return address that differs from the sending address, it belongs in
    :0fh
    | formail -rt -I "Reply-To: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com"

If I may chime in with a reason of my own,
I have an Admin who corresponds via Email with [mumble] agency.

Agency only accepts Email from a specific address.
Our Employee needs to be able to distribute some of the work
by forwaring (using procmail ;-) some of the messages to another
person, who can then deal with the messages ... and then
send mail to an address which rewrites the header to look like it
came from the "right" address and forwards it on to Agency.  Because
Agency will not accept mail "From" anybody else.

I have not "done it" yet, because I'm kinda waiting for
"admin" to figure it out herself :-)  and because I might
learn from your advice, a simple way to accomplish this!

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl(_at_)conservatory(_dot_)com>
]---l-i-v-i-n-g