Re: How do I get off this list?

1997-10-13 16:12:14
| >     Can anyone tell me how to unsubscribe from this mailing list?

Could somebody PLEASE find the maintainer, or person in charge, or
whatever, and tell the individual in person to get his butt in gear and
get some info about unsubscribing out here? It's getting annoying to
see all the "I want out!" messages in the list. I mean, surely somebody
must have found a way to unsubscribe beyond /dev/null:ing everything
from this mailing list?

Well, one thing would have been to hold on to the first message
received when first subscribed.  Be that as it may, send a message
to procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de with any subject
line
and the word "unsubscribe" in the body (leave off the quotes).  If
that fails, use "unsubscribe user(_at_)your(_dot_)domain".  If THAT fails, try
email to procmail-owner(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de (purportedly
that
should go to a person).  I'm suggesting a number of things because
*I* lost that first message.

The biggest problem with unsubscribing is trying to do so from an
email address other than the one you subscribed from.  Forging
headers is left as an exercise to the class.