Re: Installing procmail

1997-10-16 12:09:44
Jordi Garcia Busquets <jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es> writes:
      I've been trying to install the last version of procmail on a unix
computer with OSF2 as SO. In this computer I have an account of 5000
blocks (I'm not root), so I'm trying to install procmail in order to use
it for personal purposes only.
      This is what I've done:

      -In config.h:

      #define ETCRC    "$HOME/.procmailrc"

Don't do this.  Since you're not installing as root, you should either
leave ETCRC alone ("/etc/procmailrc") or perhaps change it to
"/dev/null".  As is, procmail will end up reading your .procmailrc
_twice_.

      - I included a .forward file in my $HOME with the following
content, in a single line:

| IFS=' ' && exec /users2/alum/jg6881/procmail/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75
#jg6881

As others have pointed out, this should be double quoted.

Philip Guenther