Re: log -off ?

1997-10-21 00:15:28
On Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:41:59 -0700 (PDT), { brad brace }
<bbrace(_at_)wired(_dot_)com> wrote:
I realize the perils involved in such a decision but, how might I turn-off
the log? (I have procmail running on one account with a very tight disk
space allowance.)

Just put the log outside of your quota. That way, you can have the
best of both worlds.
  You should probably ask your admin where to put it. /tmp is the
traditional place for such stuff, but some admins like to reserve the
/tmp space for other things.
  If your admin has an automatic GFR (Grim File Reaper) that runs
daily on some partitions, you don't have to care about cleaning up the
old logs yourself. You should take care to create a new file e.g.
daily, though, so as to enable the GFR to clean up the old cruft.
Here's one way (replace your LOGFILE assignment near the beginning of
your .procmailrc):

    LOGFILE=/tmp/$LOGNAME.procmail.`date +%y%m%d`

(where obviously you might want to change /tmp to something your admin
suggests).

/* era */

Would it be too much to ask you to look at the manuals?

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>