Re: executing line by line through a message

1997-10-25 04:53:51
On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 19:34:06 -0400,
"Matthew G. Saroff" <msaroff(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:
At 12:15 PM 10/24/97 -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
:0bw
| while read url; do case "$url" in; *://*) lynx -dump "$url" | \
                                       ^
This is illegal syntax, at least in Bash's opinion. Lose the semicolon.

On another note, though, I wonder whether each page has to be mailed
separately:
:0bw
| while read url; do case "$url" in; *://*) lynx -dump "$url" ;; ; \
esac; done | $SENDMAIL -oi $LOGNAME

I'd at least want some kind of separator between the individual pages
if they came in as one big happy bronto message. Perhaps compose them
into a digest? :-)

/* era */

It would still be interesting to hear what this wins over doing it
directly from a shell script, retreiving the web pages as individual
files and looking at the files at your leisure in your friendly
browser (less, lynx, Emacs, Netscape, what have you).

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>