Re: It's the dish, not the culture.

1997-10-28 17:56:02
        Author:        Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net>

What you described sounds a lot like the TOPICS feature of LISTSERV (tm)
lists.  You might check that out if you're serious.  I don't have
an exact URL, but I think you'll find it in the documentation somewhere

Listserv also doesn't pass through some headers which are used in threading
(this is a problem on the Spam-L list)....

Maybe that's configurable.