Re: Best anti-spam-filter tests?

1997-11-03 12:22:22
On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:58:29 -0800 (PST),
John Gianni <jjg(_at_)Cadence(_dot_)COM> wrote:
All I asked was, more directly:
Q: Are there better ways to create and send test mail to myself that
   appear to come from a variety of other places and contain a variety
   of email headers that I can change at will to test my filters.
The key point is that I am creating the message and I am sending
the message -- I don't wish to receive more spam or to send spam.

And the key point in the answers is that if you're not testing it with
real-world messages, is there even a point in trying it? Why restrict
your imagination to only the perversions you yourself can think up?
And why not feed the message to procmail on standard input, if indeed
it is Procmail you want to test?

As an aside, it would be interesting to put up a "test bench" for
various spam filters where the offerings that are out there could be
objectively compared with real-world spam and the results published.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>