Re: procmail, MH-folders, and unseen-sequence

1997-12-03 11:05:51
Chris Mikkelson wrote,

| Basically, what I was doing was filtering out messages with a subject
| of 'cmsg cancel' from the mh-users mailing list/newsgroup.
| I originally had:
|
| :0 w: mhlock
| * ... catch mh-users mail ...
| | rcvstore +mh-users

| When I attempted to filter out the cmsg's, I just replaced the
| | ... line with

| {
| :0
| * ^Subject: cmsg cancel
| /dev/null
|
| :0 w
| | rcvstore +mh-users
| }

| without changing the lockfile setup.  This (I believe) is what was
| causing my errors.

Yes: "extraneous locallockfile ignored" means you requested a local lockfile
on a recipe whose action is to open a braced block without spawning a clone.

The solution in this case is to move the local lockfile where it is useful:

  :0 # `w' and a local lockfile make no sense here
  * ... catch mh-users mail ...
   * ^Subject: cmsg cancel
   /dev/null

   :0 w:mhlock # put them here instead
   | rcvstore +mh-users
  }

In some other situations, a regional lockfile may be needed inside the
braces, but it isn't this time.