Re: All Mail for *one* User to $HOME/Mailbox?

1997-12-04 07:58:03
On 04 Dec 1997 12:15:19 +0200, <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> wrote:
Wed 97-12-03 Tim Evans <tkevans(_at_)eplrx7(_dot_)es(_dot_)dupont(_dot_)com>
list.procmail
| I have a need to direct all a single user's mail to a mailbox in his
| home directory, to $HOME/mailbox,
This may not be perfect, but maybe a start

Apart from the missing ^ in "^TO" (or perhaps preferrably even ^TO_ if
you have Procmail 3.11pre7 or newer), this is the classical case of
using Procmail where you really need the envelope recipient
information. The headers are +not+ enough to determine who a message
is for. If Procmail is your MDA, you can have this, but I'd still
think something involving Sendmail would be more appropriate. For one
thing, what if this user would suddenly really want to use Procmail?
You can set DEFAULT and ORGMAIL for this one user in /etc/procmailrc
to come around that, but the bottom line, as so many times before, is
that Procmail might not be the right tool for this.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>