Re: All Mail for *one* User to $HOME/Mailbox?

1997-12-07 16:32:16
Tim Evans <tkevans(_at_)eplrx7(_dot_)es(_dot_)dupont(_dot_)com> writes:
I have a need to direct all a single user's mail to a mailbox in his
home directory, without affecting all other users' mailboxes in
/var/mail.  The user insists he cannot work without every e-mail
message he has ever received in his life being in his active
mailbox, but refuses to use multiple mail folders.  Thus,
everything's in /var/mail/username.

I've read the procmail instructions for directing everyone's mail
to $HOME/mailbox, but need only a single procmail recipe for the
one problem user.

If you need a recipe, then you should read the procmailrc(5) manpage,
where the recipe syntax is described, and the procmailex(5) manpage,
where example recipes are provided.  It turns out that all you need
to do is give the user a .procmailrc file that contains the following:

        :0:
        $HOME/mailbox

Philip Guenther