Q: newbie, invoking perl script

1997-12-04 20:57:06
Hello,
  I'm just starting to use procmail and can't seem to figure out why my rc
file isn't working.  It detects the incoming address and enters the block
but doesn't perform the shell stuff I wan't it to
("AutoMail.pl" section below).

  I read thru the man files and checked some web examples but can't seem
to find a reason why it's not working.  It works from the command line but
not when invoked from procmail?

  If you could e-mail me privately that would be best.

Thanks,
later.

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
SHELL=/bin/sh

:0
* ^From.*nachos
  # nachos is the username we're checking for
{
  :0 c
  ! thojnaug(_at_)mars(_dot_)utm(_dot_)edu

  :0a
  | (echo "thojnaug:SUBJECT_OF_MSG" | AutoMail.pl)
  # AutoMail is a perl script that accepts a string from STDIN
  # and sends email to the user with the stated subject

  :0
  Saved_to_directory

   Thomas Naughton                  "Life is what happens to you
   thomasn(_at_)utm(_dot_)edu                   While you're busy making other
plans"
   BeDevID  6080                                 ---John Lennon
   UTM ACM Chair