Re: procmail stops filtering on vacation

1998-01-06 16:43:23
Bill Durant asked,
| Does anyone know if procmail shuts off when one turns on
| the vacation message on a mailer?  I set up procmail to
| automatically stuff mails on particular mailboxes; however,
| as soon as I turned on vacation on my mailer, procmail stopped
| filtering mail.  Is there any way to tell procmail to keep
| filtering even when vacation is ON?

Thanks for the responses so far.  It turns out that procmail is
actually filtering the mail as expected.  However, the only
problem is that each mail shows up twice on my mailer.  That is,
when email X arrives, procmail puts it in mailbox X, per my recipe,
and then sends it to my inbox two times.  This happened as soon as I
turned on vacation on my mailer (I'm using CDE dtmail).

dtmail modified the .forward file by adding the following line:

\bdurant, "| /usr/bin/vacation bdurant"

It also created the following files:
.vacation.dir
.vacation.msg
.vacation.pag

So the question is: why am I receiving every new email twice?
Should I just emulate vacation as explained in procmailex(5) instead?

Thanks,

Bill