Re: Dealing with this address formatting

1998-02-15 22:43:43
At 09:35 PM 2/15/98 -0700, Wotan wrote:

68468768dsg667(_at_)msn(_dot_)com

Are they all from MSN ?  I have a handful of ISP domains for which I
doublecheck the domain in the From: against the domain portion in the
ISPs I figure aren't likely to have users who are using OTHER mail servers
to relay their mail.  And if anything valid gets blasted by this, I file my
junkmail anyway, so I can retrieve a copy if necessary.

That doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd note it anyway.

addresses have all been of this format, but differing lenghts.  How likely

* ^(From|(Reply-)?To):[         ]+[0-9]+[a-z]+[0-9]+@

I'd replace [a-z] with [A-Za-z] just to be on the complete side (otherwise
the first message with an uppercase letter in there is going to slip
through).  Also, I might double up the numerics on either end (for "2 or
more" : "[0-9][0-9]+"), if this is a characteristic of the messages, though
I agree that I'd be unlikely to get messages with addressing matching the
basic format, so why bother narrowing the match?

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395