Re: Dealing with this address formatting

1998-02-16 00:18:57
On Sun, Feb 15, 1998 at 09:10:05PM -0800, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:

                                                                    These
ISPs I figure aren't likely to have users who are using OTHER mail servers
to relay their mail.  And if anything valid gets blasted by this, I file my
junkmail anyway, so I can retrieve a copy if necessary.

    What about mailing lists?  Especially those run as entries in
/etc/aliases?

    This is one of the reasons why AOL can't reject all mail coming
into the system that claims to be from "user(_at_)aol(_dot_)com", and typically
comes up every couple of months as some new person gets fed up with
junkmail on AOL and is directly or peripherally involved in the chain
of command for the Internet Mail Operations group, and they have to
continually trot out this same issue, over and over again.

--
Brad Knowles                                _                       _
brad(_at_)colltech(_dot_)com                          |_| C o l l e c t i v e