Text processing stuff

1998-02-20 08:18:06
Hi,
        I'm trying to write an auto-responder tha will be given a list of fax
numbers to determine if they are covered by the TPC fax via email service.
        I would like to get an email with the numbers wrapped in begin and end
like this:
begin
1(203)555-1212
1-817-555-1212
16085556789
end.
        I want to strip anything outside of the beginning and end out of the
message, then strip all the non-numeric characters, which I can then put
through the lookup program to see if there is coverage.

Matthew Saroff
Do not reply directly to this message.  Reply to
msaroff(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com