Re: Memory usage question

1998-02-26 21:05:34
Edward S. Marshall wrote:

Can anyone comment on whether time would be better spent
engineering a new delivery agent from scratch?
  I'm *NOT* a unix geek by any stretcg of the imagination, so
this is probably a shot in the dark. Can you tune your system
to better page-out to virtual memory? This is probably a more
"quick-n-dirty" way than going through the codebase.  I've
also heard that there are functions in procmail which require
the whole file to be loaded into "memory". Rather than re-coding
procmail, maybe you can fool it into thinking that the entire
email is in memory. The larger emails might thrash your hard
drive a lot, but if you're willing to accept that...

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>