Re: bad message id's

1998-03-19 02:13:50
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 02:34:43 -0600 (CST), Christopher Lindsey
<lindsey(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Can't there be backslash-escaped quotes inside double-quoted strings?
Yup.

Okay, let's fix that:

    :0:
    * ! ^Message-Id:[   ]*<("([^"\]+|\\.)*"|[^  <>@"]+)+(_at_)[^<>@     ]+>[
]*$
    junk/no-valid-msgid

This is almost beginning to look as unreadable as a Sendmail rewriting
rule :-)

Any other problems?
Can also have escaped carriage returns.

(Which of course are just spaces to Procmail.)

I *think* the RFC says that spaces and tabs are allowed, if
the domain is enclosed in quotes (which strikes me as just plain
weird).  But it's also 2:30 in the morning and I'm reading RFCs,
which strikes me as equally strange.

Obviously, you could repeat the localpart part of the regex after the
@ if you really want to be able to cope with this. I choose not to,
for now.

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>