Re: Just received

1998-04-27 01:11:50
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:47:17 -0400 (EDT), "Wes Mininger (pyr)"
<miningw(_at_)elmo(_dot_)nmc(_dot_)edu> wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, era eriksson wrote:
:As a general comment, the quickest way to reduce your spam is to
:install one of the existing antispam packages. If you want to roll
I wish I could... spam filtering packages do not work on my shell since me
ISP (college) has certain problems with both perl and also, since this is
a DEC unix system, it strangly does not allow piping, which means I cannot
use some packages where this is required:(

You mean you can't use Procmail either? Or that pipes from Procmail
are blocked? (How'd they do that?)

:You can have a list of suspicious account names. The prototypical one
How do I do this?  I have looked at a number of procmail how tos, and
found no information about word lists.  And my ISP seems to be having a

    :0:
    * ^To: ['"(:]*(((you|nobody|all|a?friends?|freind|list|webmaster|mail)\>|\
            every|any|some|\
            recip|undisclose|suppress).*|.*[24]u@|@|----|[      ]*$)
    spam

If you want the words in an external file, do something like

    :0:
    * ? formail -czxTo: | egrep -f spookwords.txt
    spam

BTW, you can find on-line copies of the Procmail manual pages (for
v3.11pre7; you can certainly find the manuals for older versions on
the web too -- the links page has a canned search for that) at my
Procmail Links page <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>