Re: Just received

1998-04-27 10:39:58
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, era eriksson wrote:
:On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 12:47:17 -0400 (EDT), "Wes Mininger (pyr)"
:<miningw(_at_)elmo(_dot_)nmc(_dot_)edu> wrote:
: > On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, era eriksson wrote:
: > :As a general comment, the quickest way to reduce your spam is to
: > :install one of the existing antispam packages. If you want to roll
: > I wish I could... spam filtering packages do not work on my shell since me
: > ISP (college) has certain problems with both perl and also, since this is
: > a DEC unix system, it strangly does not allow piping, which means I cannot
: > use some packages where this is required:(
:
:You mean you can't use Procmail either? Or that pipes from Procmail
:are blocked? (How'd they do that?)
:
Its the OS, its DEC UNIX and for some reason certain uses of pipes are not
availible.. Im not sure what works and what doesnt because I really havent
tried too much on this system, but some work others dont... procmail works
fine otherwise however.

: > :You can have a list of suspicious account names. The prototypical one
: > How do I do this?  I have looked at a number of procmail how tos, and
: > found no information about word lists.  And my ISP seems to be having a
:
:    :0:
:    * ^To: ['"(:]*(((you|nobody|all|a?friends?|freind|list|webmaster|mail)\>|\
:           every|any|some|\
:           recip|undisclose|suppress).*|.*[24]u@|@|----|[      ]*$)
:    spam
:
:If you want the words in an external file, do something like
:
:    :0:
:    * ? formail -czxTo: | egrep -f spookwords.txt
:    spam
:
:BTW, you can find on-line copies of the Procmail manual pages (for
:v3.11pre7; you can certainly find the manuals for older versions on
:the web too -- the links page has a canned search for that) at my
:Procmail Links page <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>
:
:Hope this helps,
:
:/* era */
: Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
:  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>
:

excellent, thanks for the link, maybe I can finally find a real procmail
info site rather than the basic setup sites ive found so far.