Re: Is Procmail Independant?

1998-05-07 13:00:44
Liston Bias <bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
Last night our Solaris System experienced a drive going bad that housed
our local version of procmail.  Our primary mail server, which is on a
different machine, could not deliver any mail because I have configured
sendmail to look at shared procmail binary.  To avoid this in the future,
I am planning to move procmail to the local machine... It has been many
moons since I installed procmail and do not remember if it had associated
files and was wondering in moving file to local machine and changed
sendmail.cf will hurt anything.

Procmail has no associated files, though you may want to copy formail and
lockfile as well in case recipes use them.

Also, anyone know where I place system .procmailrc so that all mail is
processed by it before going to users .procamilrc.  Is this is /etc?

It should be named /etc/procmailrc (no dot).

Philip Guenther