Is Procmail Independant?

1998-05-07 06:45:54
Hello,

Last night our Solaris System experienced a drive going bad that housed
our local version of procmail.  Our primary mail server, which is on a
different machine, could not deliver any mail because I have configured
sendmail to look at shared procmail binary.  To avoid this in the future,
I am planning to move procmail to the local machine... It has been many
moons since I installed procmail and do not remember if it had associated
files and was wondering in moving file to local machine and changed
sendmail.cf will hurt anything.

Also, anyone know where I place system .procmailrc so that all mail is
processed by it before going to users .procamilrc.  Is this is /etc?

Regards,
Liston

Liston Bias
Systems Administrator                         Office:  COE 310
Computing & Multimedia Services               Phone:   (850) 487-6478
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering                     << EMAIL PREFERRED >>
2525 Pottsdamer St.  Tallahassee, FL  32310

http://www.eng.fsu.edu/~bias
bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com