Re: Direct spam injection to secondary MX

1998-07-12 13:23:44
        Author: Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>
        Date:   Sun, 12 Jul 1998 01:25:03 -0400
        ID:     <35A848AF(_dot_)55B66BA4(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>

Also, this particular piece of spam had no Message-ID header.
As they say on Star Trek "WOOOOP,WOOOOP, RED ALERT".  My
filter jumps all over that.  (It also has code that rejects
email where my ISP's sendmail has "helpfully" inserted a

Just a warning: the Message-ID header is _not_ required by RFC.

Sure 99.95% of all mail has it, and I do spam checking on Message-ID
conformity, but I wouldn't dump it on that...

TjL