Re: concurrent sendmails when forwarding

1998-08-16 15:20:10
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Liviu Daia wrote:

    Different approach: pipe messages to sendmail instead of using '!'
and use the wait flag.  Something along the lines of:
[--cut--]
    Well, I'm actually not sure you can use the 'w' flag without 'f'
(the manual doesn't say it, and I'm not too familiar with procmail
internals), so if that doesn't work you might also try

      :0 fw
      * <conditions>
      | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS <recipients>

      # dummy recipe to stop procmail from delivering an empty message
      :0 a
      /dev/null

Tried it, but does not work. Therefore it is sendmail which detaches
itself so the wait flag does not do the trick here.
Good idea, though.

I will probably have to modify SENDMAILFLAGS.

Regards, Walter

--
Haidinger Walter <walter(_dot_)haidinger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Student of Electrical Engineering, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria