Re: concurrent sendmails when forwarding

1998-08-15 07:08:45
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Liviu Daia wrote:

    Different approach: pipe messages to sendmail instead of using '!'
and use the wait flag.  Something along the lines of:

      :0 w
      * <conditions>
      | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS <recipients>

Doesn't this rewrite the from headers?
Now every forward mail by root's .procmailrc retains its initial from
address. It would be quite inconvenient if all forwarded mails end up
with a "from: root" header.

BTW: I not quite sure about the filter option:
     As I understand it, if 'f' is applied, then mail is "filtered"
     through the program and .procmailrc is continued to be parsed.
     Without 'f' procmail stops and continues to check the next mail
     against .procmailrc. Right?

Regards, Walter

--
Haidinger Walter <walter(_dot_)haidinger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Student of Electrical Engineering, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria