Re: for John Hardin's wish list

1998-08-26 01:39:37
|Tue 1998-08-25 "Edward J. Sabol"
<sabol(_at_)alderaan(_dot_)gsfc(_dot_)nasa(_dot_)gov> list.procmail

|   H = "${H}X-Foo-Header: blah
|
| ...I would not include the newline that separates the header and the body
| in $H. And since the feature was my idea, I think that's the way it
| should be implemented...

I find it other way. If we want o be consistent, user must have full
control over included field so that he can add multiline heder:

    H = "${H}X-Foo-Header: blah$NL  Another row$NL 3rd row$NL"

Not requiring the terminating newline creates confusion. Any programming
language requires it when you print a line. It's fundamental eg in Perl,
and Procmail already has too many exceptions compared to other languages.
Why make one more.

This purely hyphotetical of course, because we don't have the feature :'0

jari