Re: Latest patch

1998-08-26 13:21:52
Christopher Lindsey wrote,

| This patch adds a VERSION variable to procmail.  It works the same as HOST --
| if you try setting it a value that is not the specified version, processing
| of the current rcfile will stop.  This isn't terribly useful as it doesn't
| allow a range of version numbers, so using it in recipes may be preferred
| since it is allows a regex:

Actually, it is just as useful as the current behavior of HOST, since one
can pop to the next rcfile from the list on the command line for either
reason after applying Chris's patch.

As for not allowing ranges, watch this:

  :0
  * ! VERSION ?? ^3\.1
  { VERSION } # pop to next rcfile unless version 3.10 or 3.11

The only limitation on its usefulness is that we don't generally use the
model of multiple rcfiles on the command line any more since INCLUDERC
came about, but that affects HOST as well.

Thank you, Chris!