Re: Procmail with IMAP server

1998-09-11 14:28:35

there is an utility called dmail use it.

:0
* ^TO(_dot_)*(_at_)transmeta(_dot_)com
* !^TO(.*[0-9].*@)
| dmail +INBOX

--Jauder

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, John Beranek wrote:

  I've got a problem with my procmail recipes for use with an IMAP server,
so I thought I'd enquire here if anyone knows of any solution.

  At the moment I have a .forward file like this:

\jberanek, <procmail command>

and a procmail rc file which does this:

===

:0:
* ^TOkent-grads(_at_)ukc
$HOME/pending

:0
/dev/null

===

  This allows me to read the mails that are from the kent-grads address,
and also to archive them to a folder (which gets HTMLised by MHOnArc).

  However, I can see that this is rather inefficient, and I also want to
be able to add a recipe to junk certain messages, which I can't do with
the .forward file as it is.

  The reason I don't just have Procmail forward any non-matching
messages to my inbox is because I have an IMAP inbox that has a weird
format.  I wasn't sure Procmail would handle this mailbox format.
(and also the standard default recipe puts the messages in Mail/InTray,
 whereas mine are in .Mail/INBOX in this weird format)

The mailbox starts:

*mbx*
0000000100002fcb

followed by lots of garbage, followed by the oldest message.

Does this sound like a mailbox format that Procmail supports, and if so,
do I need to explicitly tell it to use it?

John.

--
  John Beranek, Software Engineer,  Information Appliances Division,
    Acorn Computers Limited.       Web site: http://www.acorn.com/