Re: Procmail with IMAP server

1998-09-14 02:42:07
On Fri 11 Sep, Jauder Ho wrote:

there is an utility called dmail use it.

:0
* ^TO(_dot_)*(_at_)transmeta(_dot_)com
* !^TO(.*[0-9].*@)
| dmail +INBOX

Well, I compiled dmail successfully it works wonderfully, thankyou
for pointing it out.  However I have a few questions about the interesting
recipe above (along with the changes suggested later).

Now that I have the ability to forward to any of my IMAP folders I'd like
to do a few other things, and I wondered what the second "*" line of the
recipe was doing (and how I'd modify it for different types of matches).

At the moment I've got a recipe to put the numerous CVS notifications I
get at work into their own folder, like this:

:0
* ^From:.*CVS Automatic notification.*
| /home/jberanek/bin/x86/dmail +.Mail/CVS

Would I need to add a line similar to the "* !^TO(.*[0-9].*@)" or not?

Also, one last question, is it possible to deliver a message to two places,
i.e. I'd like to put some messages both in a standard mailbox and in an
IMAP folder.  I've tried something like below, but it didn't work.

:0
* ^From:.*jberanek.*                  (Just an easy test case)
| /home/jberanek/bin/x86/dmail +.Mail/Test
$HOME/normalfolder

I tried that, and only got the message in the IMAP folder.  How _should_
I be doing this?

John.

--
  John Beranek, Software Engineer,  Information Appliances Division,
    Acorn Computers Limited.       Web site: http://www.acorn.com/