Re: Running provate mailing list (ph)

1998-10-28 15:22:00
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:52:06 -0600 (CST),
Christopher Lindsey <lindsey(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu> said:

C> ph is a pretty University-centric application.  It was started (I think)
C> at U of I back in the early '90s by Steven Dorner, then taken over by
C> Paul Pomes in later years.  It has since spread to about 300 other sites
C> around the world.

   Ph/qi was the CSO nameserver.  It did get some mainstream attention; you
   could use it in the Eudora mail client to look up addresses, etc.

   The protocol is not too complicated.  I have a Perl script which acts
   like a CSO server, which my office used for several years before moving
   to Exchange.

--
Karl Vogel
ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433, USA