Re: Recipe help

1998-11-04 22:32:12
        What I've done is to install majordomo on my desktop, with the
intention of managing the lists here rather than on my virtual server
account. All the mail from my domains goes to one email account then I
filter it and send it here and there via fetchmail/procmail.

        This is probably the wrong way to do this, but...

        Anyway, I've few slip by the procmail recipes that I am currently
using. As most of the mail is sorted by the To: header, I just want to do
my best to try and insure that the mistakes are avoided. I've tried this
and that, some of it works and some doesn't. And while the mail keeps
coming, I haven't yet figured things out enough to rest easy.

        Thus, I just want to catch some of the aliases, for instance,
matchmakers(_at_)unionavenue(_dot_)com, and send it where it needs to go. And
to try
and make sure that such is done with as few errors as possible.

        Basically, I'm running pretty much the same kind of system which
is deliniated in the offline-mailing mini howto. I've just bumped into a
few potholes along the way.

        Brent

Philip Guenther wrote:
->If the forwarding of email from user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com to this address is
->done by a .forward file or alias or something like that, then you
->should change that alias to tag the message before forwarding it,
->and then this procmailrc can check for the presence of that tag.

->If none of those match your situation, you'll have to clarify what's
->going on behind the scenes.

Brent Sims      http://unionavenue.com      brent(_at_)rmi(_dot_)net
       "Every dogma has its day" - Israel Zangwill