From a Rookie in mailing lists...

1998-11-24 17:40:07
Hello everybody!
I manage a mailing list with windsurfing subject, in Italian language. In
the list there are now about 120 people. As I don't have the possibility of
using a computer always connected to Internet, I pay an US server to keep
my list on.
The server has got only Majordomo.

I have many problems with the digest version of my list. Each time one of
the subscribers uses HTML or sends attachments, these come out perfectly in
the normal version of the list but VERY badly in the digest version.
Many people told me that it is Majordomo's fault, and if I want to solve
the problem I have to change the software.
I am also subscribed to a mailing list run with procmail and I can see it
works perfectly.

Questions:
1) Do you think that procmail wouldn't have any problem with messages
containing html and/or attachments? Even in the digest version?
2) As on the US server I pay they can only use Majordomo, do you know if a
similar service is available, with procmail?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

CIAO
Marco