Re: Error - Is it Procmail or Sendmail?

1998-12-14 14:35:18
Diagnostic-Code: 550 (Mail to program disallowed w/o proper privileges)

<snip> I wrote;

Is this a Sendmail configuration error or is this somehow related to
Procmail configuration?

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:42:15 -0600,
Philip Guenther graciously replied;

It appears that your site has configured sendmail to not allow the
running of arbitrary programs.

Thanks folks!
Thats what I kind of figured all along, but I had to ask.

You'll need to talk to the sysadmin
about how you can use procmail.  So yes, it's a sendmail configuration
problem and not a procmail one.

I think its time for a new host....I have tried everything to get a
mail_list happening..spent forever on Majordomo...not enough permissions. :-/
My host also hates Perl...that don't help....he's a C kinda guy..

So I found Procmail, thought I might have something, as permissions did not
seem as rigid..."he said I will look at it"...thats as far as it got :-/

I have spent forever on this, and now to have this stop me from using
Procmail...my frustration level warrants a move. :-)

Thanks again folks for your help.

Michael Chopek  <japh(_at_)d2earth(_dot_)com>
Down to Earth Development Ltd - http:www.d2earth.com/
Website & Web Applications Development
Extropia Developers Network  - http://www.extropia.com/