Re: Marking messages as deleted...

1999-01-26 15:34:19
Patrick Rogers writes:
One of the uses I make of procmail is to archive mail from various sources
based on the sender.  Since I still want to be notified when I receive
mail from these sources I use a rule such as this:

:0c:
* ^From:(_dot_)*soAndso(_at_)somwhere
soAndSoArchive

to copy the mail to the archive folder for that user, and also allow a
copy to arive in my inbox.  This works quite well, but I forget to delete
the copies in my inbox because I don't know which ones are archived.  Is
there a way to add "X-Status: D" to the header of the copy in my inbox?
(It seems trivial to do so with the copy that is archived using formail
and cat in the filter recipe).  Will this cause any problems for elm (ie:
new mails appearing as deleted and not new.  Or will elm think they are
both new and deleted?)?

 I don't know about elm (you should ditch elm anyhow), but this is exactly
 what you would see with mutt: new and deleted at the same time. I have tried
 this by tagging a message as new in mutt, save it, add the X-Status: D
 header with an editor, and then open the message again in mutt:

q:Quit  d:Del  u:Undel  s:Save  m:Mail  r:Reply  g:Group  ?:Help
   1 ND  Jan 25 Geert Uytterhoe ( 179) display->screen_base (fwd)