Re: ADV: ENCORE DEVELOPMENT...YOUR CUSTOM HOME BUILDER IN MD, D.C., & VA.txt

1999-03-08 22:25:03
On 8 March 1999, Bob Weissman <bobw(_at_)lore(_dot_)kla-tencor(_dot_)com> wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but this is an "honest" spam in that it
contains "ADV:" at the start of the subject header to indicate that it
is an advertisement. Some others use "UCE:" to indicate an unsolicited
commercial email. There is nothing easier than a simple

:0
    * ^Subject: (ADV|UCE):
    /dev/null

to filter out this whole class of "honest" spams. (In fact, I never
saw the original email, only the replies.)

    Unfortunately I also receive legit mail from a group called ADV...

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia