Re: The Mysterious Mailstat (was Re: Saving copies of msgs in Fido format)

1999-05-08 07:52:29
era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:

On 07 May 1999 13:34:36 -0700, Harry Putnam <reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com>
wrote:
 > era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:
 >> or with mailstat).
 > Where can one read about mailstat?

It's a short script which comes with the Procmail distribution.
It's not really documented anywhere; it's included sort of as an
example of how you could do these things.

I've found the comments in the actual script now.  A brief explanation
is there too.

script. People should hopefully examine scripts a bit before running
them, though.)

Point taken... I've wizened up and pressed 'which mailstat'

The main gotcha is that it will truncate your log file unless you call
it up with -k. You might want to change it so this becomes the default
(possibly with a small wrapper rather than by modifying the script
itself).

Good info .. thanks