Re: I cant get started with procmail

1999-08-05 17:57:30
Herur Venkataramaiah Krishna Prasad wrote:

Pardon me I am new to procmail.

I installed procmail in my home directory.
I use dtmail on Solaris.

  Is this a solaris machine your trying to run procmail on? I'm
running linux but the setup should be (not exactly) close.

I have
<snipped>

in my .procmailrc file and

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #prasad"

  If as you say you installed procmail in your home directory, then
the above line reading "exec /usr/local/bin/procmail" would be
incorrect, or are you saying you put a ".procmail" directory in your
home directory??
  Are you sure "/usr/local/bin/procmail" exists?

in the .forward file.  I tried all combinations given in the procmail
faq for the .forward file. nothing is working, I dont get any mails when
this .forward file is present. No procmail logs are created.
How do I make procmail work.
Any help is welcome, Please reply to my id.

  Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful.
--
     S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - http://www.primenet.com/~tomas
                S.u.S.E. Linux v6.1+ - Kernel 2.2.10