Re: I cant get started with procmail

1999-08-05 18:54:57
Herur Venkataramaiah Krishna Prasad wrote:
[snip]
I installed procmail in my home directory.
[snip]
I have
[snip]
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #prasad"

in the .forward file.

Unless /usr/local/bin is your home directory (highly unlikely), you'll
need to put the actual path to procmail in your .forward.

If mail is delivered normally (instead of bounced) with that .forward,
then the .forward probably isn't being read anyway, and there are
other problems... is sendmail your Mail Delivery Agent?  .forward
is for sendmail; other MDAs may have other methods.

Hope that helps,
Stan