Re: formail troubles

1999-09-27 23:24:58
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:11:57 -0500, Philip Guenther
<guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu>
wrote:
formail is dieing of a segmentation violation while processing the
command line arguments.  This can be seen from the log messages:

     procmail: Program failure (-11) of "formail"
     formail: Couldn't open "....

(An exitcode of -11 means it died by receiving signal 11.  Signal 11 is
SIGSEGV on every system I've ever seen.)

I believe this is a known bug. The problem is that formail doesn't
cope well with files it doesn't have permission to access. So there's
probably nothing wrong with Matt's compiler (but very much with the
recipe he got from that dreaded book, and with formail, too).