Multiple cat's in formail pipe?

1999-09-28 10:40:32
I'm trying to configure an auto responder using the | formail | sendmail
delivery route from a procmail recipe.  Right now it works fine with

:0c:
$PMDIR/temp

:0c: $PMDIR/temp.lock
| ($FORMAIL -rt -I "Subject: Your recent mail" \
        -A "X-Loop: $LOGNAME" \
        -A "X-Comment: Auto-acknowledgement";\
        echo "blah";\
        echo "blah";\
        echo "blah";\
        echo " ";\
        cat $PMDIR/temp;\
        rm -f $PMDIR/temp) \
        | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

(I may have missed some -I or A's out).
What I would LIKE to do is include a cat $PMDIR/autoack.txt
ahead of the copy of the received mail generating the autoresponse
so that the message can be varied without having to mess directly
with the procmailrc file. I keep getting an "unexpected end of
file" error when I do this, however, no matter what I seem to try.

Can this be done and, if so, how?

Dave Stone